£25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Craftwork Digital, a fast-growing digital marketing and web development start-up based in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire, is looking for a smart, motivated, and passionate Web Developer.
You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with a small and highly experienced team of web developers and digital marketers to grow your skills and experience at a rapid rate.
You can expect a friendly working environment with a start-up feel, and to be working across a wide variety of clients and websites, from small family run businesses to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the web.
We’re looking for someone with a portfolio that showcases relevant, high quality web development work. You’ll have strong mathematical and problem-solving capabilities, an eye for detail, and a desire to produce high quality, clean and efficient code. More importantly, you’ll be quick to pick up new languages and techniques and have the motivation to keep up with the rapid pace of change in the modern-day web.
- Creating high quality websites and related web software/applications
- Adhering to supplied design assets with a high degree of accuracy
- Working alongside junior and senior web developers using Agile delivery methods
- Testing code to ensure quality and adherence to a project’s requirements
- Aiding the production of robust project scoping documents
- Regular reporting on status to project stakeholders and executive management board
- 12 months’ web development experience in a comparable in-house or agency-side role
- A strong understanding of WordPress theme and plugin development, with a demonstrable portfolio
- Adept with version control services (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket)
- An understanding of task automation (e.g. Grunt, Gulp)
- Ability to quickly understand highly technical topics
- Pragmatic approach to the delivery of projects
- A keen interest in the latest industry trends and frameworks
- Experience of media queries and responsive design
- An understanding of creating and deploying NodeJS-based applications
- Experience deploying to the Heroku cloud platform
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours (around core hours)
- A mix of office- and home-based working
- Ample free parking
- Generous new business commission structure
- Choice of Windows or Apple laptop with an optional second monitor
- A £500 happiness budget so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work, such as a new office chair, laptop upgrade, desk accessories or training